As your mischievous little furball approaches her first birthday, you will need to ease her gently into accepting adult cat food that suits her growing needs.
- Cats have a complex diet and specific nutritional need that home food does not meet. It is vital that you consider specially prepared cat food like our Whiskas® Adult Wet and Dry range, that comes packed with all the right nutrients and proteins.
- Change your kitten’s food gradually over the course of a week.
- Every few days add a little more of her new food to her old favourite, slowly replacing her old food.
- Every kitten is a predator at heart and predators prefer to eat something that’s only just been killed. As a result, you will notice your little furball will like her food at room temperature and not heated or chilled.
- Both kittens and adult cats (1+) should have clean fresh water to drink at all times. As your kitten gets older, reduce her milk intake as feeding her milk might cause diarrhoea.