Water can be hard to find in the savannahs or forest, as a result big cats’ bodies have evolved to get most of the water they need from the prey they kill for food. Your kitten is no different but she still needs to drink water and plenty of it!
- Kittens may get the water they need form wet food such as Whiskas® wet pouches, but they still need fresh drinking water. Water aids their body processes and helps them avoid potential problems with their kidneys.
- Your kitten’s tongue is sensitive to both temperature and taste. She will avoid stagnant water or water that tastes queer. She might prefer lapping up freshly collected rain water versus tap water for she can actually taste the chemicals in the tap water!
- Contrary to popular wisdom, kittens once weaned do not need milk with their food. However, you must provide them with plenty of water
- As the age of a kitten advances, their ability to digest milk reduces and cow milk can cause loose stools and digestive disturbances. If you want to give milk, try a lactose-reduced cat milk product.
- Special cat food is best for kittens. Our Whiskas® food for cats tastes great and contains all of the vital nutrients, vitamins and minerals your cat needs to make the most of the day. It is a complete meal for cats and all they need is fresh water in addition to Whiskas® Wet/Dry.