Being born explorers, it’s necessary to allow your new kitten to explore the new environment by herself. This may get her in trouble, so make sure you keep a check on potential dangers and hazards.
Watch out for:
- Open windows
- Food left out in the kitchen
- Boiling saucepans and kettles
- Sharp knives
- Poisonous houseplants (including lilies, ivies)
- Breakable ornaments
- Open fires and chimneys
- Detergents and chemicals
- Plastic bags
- Electrical equipment and cables
- Open washing machines
- Open toilets
- Children and other unfriendly pets
Always keep your vet’s number handy so you can reach him/her quickly in an emergency. No matter how careful you are, your little adventurer may still get herself into trouble. If you cannot find her, she may be hurt. In case of accidents, keep her calm with soothing words and gentle stroking. Take her to the vet immediately.